Friday, April 1, 2016

Childhood Memories

My mom cleaned out her hope chest. When I went home for a few days during  spring break she had it waiting for me. 

Almost every report card was saved. I noticed that my teachers reported my reading ability higher than I remember it being. My 8th grade teacher made fun of me as I stuttered my way through my assigned paragraph during a whole class round robin. I wonder how I got A's and B's that year when my fluency was so choppy. I couldn't have been comprehending very well. 

Here are a few work samples.

My friends laughed at me when they saw this one because this one is out of character. I am a rule follower. This work sample is from first grade.
 

This work sample was from kindergarten. I included some pretty good details for a 5 year old. 
 

I like the belly button and long eyelashes in this self-portrait.

  


I really like the arms coming out of this self-portrait. I don't know what animal I drew next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment